11.07.2011

I Think She Slept Through it the First Time

"Well, I'm going to be pilloried for this. I think get rid of the second Amendment, the right to bear arms. I just think in the grand scheme of the rights that we have; the right of assembly, free speech, I mean, owning a gun does not, it does not tally on the same level as those other Constitutional rights. And being more discreet about who gets to have a firearm and right to kill with a firearm, I think is something that would be in our national interest to revisit that." -Alex Wagoner

Lady, I don't think pillory is still on the books, but even if it were, I doubt it'd be appropriate. Remedial US Government classes on the other hand...

Just so we're clear Alex, can I call you Alex? It's so much easier than smoothbrain. Just so we're clear here Alex I'll recite for you the actual amendment:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

Where does it guarantee the right to kill people? And who exactly whould you like to restrict the abilty to kill with a firearm to? LEOs? Military? Gestapo?

By denying others the right bear arms, you deny them the freedom to accept responsibility for their own safety, and the safety of their community. Is this because you feel too irresponsible to accept that responsibilty yourself?

No comments: